Sunday, April 10, 2011

Angry Finns?

Hi there!

I got to say that I've never been this proud of being a Finn before Rovio published probably the most well-known mobile game right now.

If you still don't know what game I'm talking about, let me tell you: Angry Birds of course! There's nothing better to do while waiting for someone/something than to throw some birds against weird structures and green pigs using your touchscreen mobile phone. Although it might sometimes be hard to stop even after that particular something/someone has arrived - that's how addicting it can be.

Let me clear something out before I go any further: this is not going to be an Angry Birds review. I think there are enough of those as it is. I'm just going to ramble about some stuff related to it. :)

So, as you might now, Angry Birds is a Finnish game and I wouldn't be able to think of one that suits us Finns and our culture better. Finland is pretty famous for it's high suicide rates and it's said that we Finns are very reserved and might even look rude on the outside. But on the inside we are pretty friendly and will usually do almost anything to help others. And then there's Angry Birds which is about, well, angry birds killing themselves in order to rescue stolen eggs. Can you see the similarities? ;)

If you happen to own a touchscreen mobile phone (or an iPad) and you haven't tried Angry Birds yet, you really should. I'm not even that big of a fan of mobile games in general but I really enjoy playing this one. (And I'm not saying this just because of it being from Finland ;) )




-Shalala

11 comments:

  1. Waiting for a windows phone version myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea what made Angry Birds so addictive to everyone else...then I played it. Seriously, there must be the digital equivalent of crack in it, because I can't stop, and I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's so weird how the developers made the angry birds like the finnish people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how angry those birds are, but I assure you that I get far angrier when i play that game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha yeah I know what you mean Kitari. It can get pretty frustrating at times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad the game doesn't work that well on my Wildfire. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got it, its a really good game

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard this was a good game, guess I'll have to check it out

    ReplyDelete